As an illustrator most of my time is spent drawing relatively cute and pretty pictures aimed to appease conservative publishers and appeal to a young market. Thus, my private sketchbook is a haven to unfetter my brain on paper... (If you are looking for my usual work in children's literature, check out my regular blog at http://benredlich.blogspot.com/)

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dr Sketchy's Brisbane - October 2011

The Strawberry Siren...
1 minute

2-3 minutes

I was struggling with proportion with next few, evidently. Probably because I was sitting up front, closer than usual. I think I find it a bit easier sketching from a slight distance...
5-10 minutes

I stuffed up the final 15 minute pose. I got the proportions all wrong with her top half, so I abandoned that and focused on the lower half...
15 minutes
 I love this photo by Kahlia Litzow:
The Strawberry Siren
... it reminds me of something by Rolf Armstrong, one of my favourite pin-up artists from the first half of the last century. Kahlia's stunning prints are available for purchase at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment